Saturday, December 05, 2009

SHELLS AROUND


“Shells Around”
Shells Around, Picture owned by Aurora Suominen©2009
 Designer: Aurora Suominen/DragonFlyMomof2 Designs©2009
Size: 6” Square using,  Hook: H/5.0mm, Yarn Used: Worsted Weight ______________________________________________________________
NOTES:  Bold print: Repeated in pattern.  STS=Stitches: Work into next st/chsp  JOIN: Join W/slst in beg st, (ch3, ch2, sc) unless otherwise stated.
___________________________________________________________
Abbreviations/Stitches Used                                     
Beg=Beginning    Ch=Chain    Slst=Slip Stitch    Sp=Spaces   
Sk=Skip        W/=With    St(s)=Stitch(es)    Sc=Single Crochet   
Dc=Double Crochet    Hdc=Half Double Crochet   

Rnd 1: W/A, Ch4, 15dc in 4th ch from hook, join in top of beg ch4 (16dc)

Rnd 2: (Ch3, dc, ch1, 2dc) in same st, beg corner made.  [Dc in the next 3dc, in next st (2dc, ch1, 2dc), corner made]4x, minus last corner, switch to B w/slst to join. (28dc)

Rnd 3: W/B join in corner ch1sp, beg corner.  [Sc in next dc, sk 2dc, 5dc in next dc (Shell made), sk 2dc, sc in next dc, corner in ch1sp.]4x, minus last corner, join.  (36dc, 8sc)

Rnd 4: Slst in next 2sts, beg corner.  [Sc in next dc, sk 1dc, shell in next sc, ch1, sc in 3rd dc of next shell, ch1 shell in next sc, sk 1 dc, sc in next dc, corner in ch1sp]4x, minus last corner, switch to A w/slst to join (56dc, 12sc)  

Rnd 5: W/A, join in corner ch1sp,  ch1, 3sc in same sp.  [Sc in next 3sts,  (ch2, sc in 3rd dc of shell, ch2, sc in next sc)2x.  Sc in next 2dc, 3sc in next sp]4x, minus last corner, join. (48sc, 16ch2)  

Rnd 6: Slst into next sc, ch2, 2hdc in same sc.  [1hdc in each sc and ch2sp across. 
(15hdc).  3hdc in next sc]4x,  minus last corner, join.  (72hdc) Finish off.


Personal use/print only, no pattern reproductions, selling or copying allowed.   
See my designs & videos on my blog: http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/
Download Pattern on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/designers/aurora-suominen
Size depends on your hook, yarn, & tension.  Contact me at Bluedragonflymom@gmail.com

15 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

Thank you for the pattern! Very pretty square!

Jenny McB said...

Great pattern, I am going to use it for a charity square. Thank you for sharing!

Dragonflymom said...

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the comments. I will be posting more free squares.

Holly said...

I can't wait to try this pattern! I saw it on the Share A Square page!

Student of Scripture said...

This is lovely! Having multiple colors would really set it off! Thanks for sharing! Love the site!

Kari said...

I love this square!! Is there any way to get it as a PDF?

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi Kari I should have your email address, but I lost all my contacts when I deleted emails from my phone, for some reason they also deleted on yahoo on my computer. Please email me at Bluedragonflymom@yahoo.com and I will send you a PDF of the pattern. Remind me the pattern in the email.

Sweet Linda said...

I love your patterns !! Each is very lovely and I have bookmarked several so I can make them. I am curious as to why there is not a link for each of your patterns to make printing easier? I have to have a printed copy of the pattern ~ I can't crochet from a pattern still on the computer. Thanks so much for posting all your lovely patterns to share with us.

Lovely Linda

Marie Anne said...

Was looking for a more solid (as in closely knit, not color) square and stumbled into this post. Love it! I might even try it with baby yarn that I have that is too thin and not warm enough with regular squares.

Angela @ Off the Hook said...

This is quite lovely. Thanks for sharing it!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thank you so much!

Karin said...


Thank you so very much for the beautiful square. I will be trying it right now and use it for a lapghan.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

HI Karin, would love to see your afghan when done.

Laudiaann Robia said...

I Love your patterns

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thank you so much!