Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FLOWER LOVE IN 3D 6" SQUARE

“Flower Love in 3D”
FLOWER LOVE 3D.jpg
Designer: Aurora Suominen/DragonFlyMomof2 Designs©2010
Size: 6” Square using,  Hook: H/5.0mm, Yarn Used: Worsted Weight Worsted Weight in 2 colors: A & B
______________________________________________________________
NOTES:  Bold print: Repeated in pattern.  STS=Stitches: Work into next st/chsp  JOIN: Join W/slst in beg st, (ch3, ch2, sc) unless otherwise stated.
___________________________________________________________
Abbreviations/Stitches Used                                     
Beg=Beginning    Ch=Chain    Slst=Slip Stitch    Sp=Spaces   
Sk=Skip        W/=With    St(s)=Stitch(es)    Sc=Single Crochet   
Dc=Double Crochet    Fpdc=Front Post double crochet       
 
Rnd 1: W/B, Ch4 and join to form a ring.  Ch1, 12sc into ring, join to 1st sc. (12sc)

Rnd 2: Ch3, dc in same st.  [Ch2, skip 1sc, 2dc in next st.] Repeat around ending w/a ch2, sk-1sc, switch to A w/slst to join.  (12dc)

Rnd 3: Ch3, dc in next st, [*Ch1, trc in skipped sc of rnd 1, (behind ch loop), ch1*, dc in next 2sts]5x.  Repeat *to* once, join.  (12dc, 6trc)

Rnd 4: Ch1, sc in same st, sc in next st, [*4dc in next chsp, slst in next trc, 4dc in next chsp*, sc in next 2dc]5x.  Repeat *to* once, join.  (48dc, 12sc)

*NOTE: Sts in rnd 5 are worked behind the petals and in the sts of rnd 3
Rnd 5: Ch1, fpdc in the 2dc together of rnd 3 below your joining st.  [*Ch2, fpdc in next trc, ch2*, fpdc in next 2dc together]5x.  Repeat *to* once, join, switch to B w/slst to join. (12dc)

Rnd 6: (Ch3, dc, ch1, 2dc) in same st,  beg corner made.  [(2dc in next sp, dc in next st)2x, 2dc in next sp, (2dc, ch1, 2dc), corner made in next sc]4x, minus last corner, join. (48dc)

Rnd 7: Slst in next 2sts, beg corner.  [Dc in next 12sts, corner in next ch1sp]4x, minus last corner, join.  (64dc)

Measure your square, you might have to do hdc in this last round.

Rnd 8: Slst in next 2sts, beg corner.  [Dc in next 16sts, corner in next ch1sp]4x, minus last corner, join.  (80dc)  Finish off.  



Personal use/print only, no pattern reproductions, selling or copying allowed.   
See my designs & videos on my blog: http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/
Download Pattern on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/designers/aurora-suominen
Size depends on your hook, yarn, & tension.  Contact me at Bluedragonflymom@gmail.com









9 comments:

pattas said...

such a pretty pink, the pattern is lovely thankyou for sharing your talent :))

Molly said...

Hi, since you found me I came looking for you and I am so glad I found you. Your squares are very pretty and using that pink was a touch of smart there my friend. I have signed on as a Follower so now I will know all aboout the cute things you make. Take care and I'll be back !!

Dragonflymom said...

Thank you so much ladies!

Kelley said...

what does BCS mean? Also, in row 5, it just says to FPDC around DC but I think it should say around TC too. :) Unless it does and I'm not reading it right. Mine looks like your pattern though. LOL

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi Kelley BCS means Back Cross Stitch, I am currently rewriting all of my patterns. I will work on this one tonight and post corrections/changes.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what FO means?

Dragonflymomof2 said...

FO= Fasten off, I just realized that it was not on my abbreviation list that is featured on the right side of my blog. Sorry about that.

corrie said...

I'm a newer crocheter can you tell me what TC means

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Triple crochet