Thursday, August 05, 2010

FRAMING A FLOWER 6" SQUARE

“Framing a Flower”
FRAMING A FLOWER.jpg
Designer: Aurora Suominen/DragonFlyMomof2 Designs©2010
Size: 6” Square using,  Hook: H/5.0mm, Yarn Used: Worsted Weight in 2 colors: A:Purple-.25oz & B: Cream-.35oz.  Pattern is written for sq on the right.
______________________________________________________________
NOTES:  Bold print: Repeated in pattern.  STS=Stitches: Work into next st/chsp   JOIN: Join W/slst in beg st, (ch3, ch2, sc) unless otherwise stated.
___________________________________________________________
Abbreviations/Stitches Used                                     
Beg=Beginning    Ch=Chain    Slst=Slip Stitch    Sp=Spaces   
Sk=Skip        W/=With    St(s)=Stitch(es)    Sc=Single Crochet   
Dc=Double Crochet    Bpdc=Back post double crochet    Fpdc=Front Post Double Crochet               Bl=Back loop

Round 1: W/B, Ch4, 11dc in 4th ch from hook, join in top of beg ch4.  (12dc)

Round 2: Ch1, 2sc in same st, 2sc in each dc around and join. (24sc)

*NOTE* Work behind stitches in this round.
Round 3:  Ch1, slst around post of dc in rnd 1 below joining st, ch4, counts as dc and ch1. [Bpdc in next dc of rnd 1, ch1]11x, switch to A w/slst to join. (12dc, 12ch1)

Round 4: Slst in next ch1sp, beg cl. [Slst in next dc, 6dc in next ch1sp, slst in next dc, 3dccl in next ch1sp]5x.  Slst in next dc, 6dc in last ch1sp, join in your first slst,  (36dc, 6cl)

*NOTE* Work behind stitches in this round.
Round 5: Ch1, slst around post of dc of rnd 3 below joining st.  Ch5, Counts as dc & ch2. [Bpdc in next dc of rnd 3, Ch2]11x, join to 3rd ch of beg ch5,  switch to B w/slst to join. 
(12dc & 12 ch2sps)

Round 6: In same st, (Ch3, dc, ch1, 2dc) beg corner made.  [(2dc in next ch2sp, dc in next dc)2x, 2dc in next ch2sp.  in next dc, (2dc, ch1, 2dc), corner made.]4x, minus last corner, join in back loop loop of ch3.   (48dc)

Round 7: Ch3, dc in bl of next dc.  [Corner in next sp, dc in the bl of next 12dc]3x.  Dc in the back loops of last 10sts, join. (64sts)

Measure your sq, if it measures 5” then work hdc in rnd 8, if under 5” then sc.
Round 8: Ch2, hdc in next st.  [3hdc in corner sp, hdc in next 16dc]3x, hdc in last 14sts, join. (76hdc)


Personal use/print only, no pattern reproductions, selling or copying allowed.   
See my designs & videos on my blog: http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/
Download Pattern on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/designers/aurora-suominen
Size depends on your hook, yarn, & tension.  Contact me at Bluedragonflymom@gmail.com


14 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulated Aurora! Your squares are featured on the Ravely pattern page!
WTG!

Tenna Draper said...

This is going to sound really strange, but I'd like to know how you set up your blog--I like the background and how it "stays put" even though I'm reading down the page...

Wanting to do a little editting on my blog's layout, and thought I might ask...

email me at drapert_1999atyahoodotcom. Thanks.

jd said...

i really like your idea. i've included your blog in an article on my blog that will publish on sept 17, 2010. check it out on the 17th or later. article is entitled, 'first you take a doily then...'

http://crochet.craftgossip.com

jd in st louis

whittle_1105 said...

I wanted to tell you that you are a very talented artist. I love your squares. Sharon in SCo

Ginny of Sunflowers At Home said...

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing this beautiful pattern. I am featuring it during my June Blooms series on Day 10 at http://www.sunflowersathome.blogspot.com

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thank you so much ladies!

Tina said...

I love this square pattern, I have made several already. <3 I was wondering if it would be okay to link back to your blog/pattern?

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Sure Tina, that would be ok to link back. Thanks! I love your bug on your blog!!! Too cute.

Kathy L. said...

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your beautiful designs. Not only are the squares gorgeous to look at, they are so beautifully done.

Etha said...

Thanks for the lovely pattern! I have never done this, but am confused by your FPDC in the third round. On the picture it looks as if you did BPDC as the horizontal bar over the first row of DCs shows. Am I just seeing this wrong or is the nomenclature a bit fuzzy? ;)

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi Etha, it's been awhile since I worked this square, let me work one up tonight and I will post back here in a few.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Etha, this has been fixed as well as adjusting the pattern slightly. I am currently trying to "re-write" my patterns out. I have learned a lot since starting out in designing. The only thing I did change was the last round, instead of 2hdc, ch2, 2hdc, I just had the corners as 3 hdc.

Etha said...

Thanks so much for offering this lovely square pattern! I incorporated it into an afghan and love the looks of it.

Valerie Myburgh said...

Hi, I am a 71yr pensioner living in Durban, South Africa. I have just downloaded some of your beautiful granny squares from Ravelry, thank you so much, I will enjoy making them up into throws and blankets for my family.
Margaret Myburgh