Monday, August 16, 2010

GRACE-ADIA FLOWER 6" SQUARE

 
“Grace-Adia Flower”
GRACE-ADIA FLOWER.jpg
Grace-Adia Flower pattern/picture owned by Aurora Suominen©2010
Designer: Aurora Suominen/DragonFlyMomof2 Designs©2010
Size: 6” Square using,  Hook: H/5.0mm, Yarn Used: Worsted Weight in
2 Colors: A & B Pattern is written for sq on the left
______________________________________________________________
NOTES:  Bold print: Repeated in pattern.  STS=Stitches: Work into next st/chsp   JOIN: Join W/slst in beg st, (ch3, ch2, sc) unless otherwise stated.
___________________________________________________________
Abbreviations/Stitches Used                                     
Beg=Beginning    Ch=Chain    Slst=Slip Stitch    Sp=Spaces   
Sk=Skip        W/=With    St(s)=Stitch(es)    Sc=Single Crochet   
Dc=Double Crochet    Fpdc=Front Post Double Crochet    

Rnd 1: W/B Ch4, 11 dc in 4th ch from hook, join in top of ch4. (12dc)

Rnd 2: Ch3, dc in same st,   [Ch1, fpdc in next dc, ch1, 2dc in next dc]5x.  Ch1, fpdc in last dc, ch1, switch to A w/slst to join (18dc)

Rnd 3: Ch3, 2dc in same st, 3dc in next st.  [*Slst in ch1sp, fpdc in next fpdc, slst in next ch1sp*, 3dc in next 2sts]5x.  Repeat *to* once, switch to B w/slst to join. (42dc)

*NOTE: Worked behind petals, the fpdc will be done in the dc sts of rnd 2 only.  
Rnd 4:  Ch1, fpdc in dc of rnd2 below joining st  [*Ch1, fpdc in next dc, ch2*, sk next fpdc, fpdc in next dc]5x.  Repeat *to* once, join. (12dc)

Rnd 5: (Ch3,dc,ch1,2dc) in same st, beg corner made.  [ (2dc in next chsp, 1dc in next st)2x, 2dc in next chsp, in next dc, (2dc,ch1,2dc) corner made.]4x, minus last corner, join. (48dc)

Rnd 6: Slst in next 2sts, beg corner.  [Fpdc in next dc, dc in next 10sts, fpdc in next st, corner in ch1sp]4x, minus last corner, join.  (64dc)

Rnd 7: Slst in next 2sts, beg corner. [Dc in next 2sts, fpdc in next st, dc in next 10sts, fpdc in next st, dc in next 2sts, corner in ch1sp]4x, minus last corner, join.  (80dc)

Personal use/print only, no pattern reproductions, selling or copying allowed.   
See my designs & videos on my blog: http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/
Download Pattern on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/designers/aurora-suominen
Size depends on your hook, yarn, & tension.  Contact me at Bluedragonflymom@gmail.com




18 comments:

Florrie said...

What a lovely granny square, I have only just started crochet but I'd love to make one of these.

Dana said...

I have been looking for a square to use on a baby afghan. This one is PERFECT!! Thank you so much and keep up the good work.

-Dana

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thanks so much ladies!!

Jeni said...

You are very talented. Thank you so much for sharing with beginners like me. My daughters love your patterns. We are using some of your squares for purses.
Thanks again1

Sher-E said...

This pattern is so lovely. Thanks so much for posting it for us to use. Right now I am attempting to follow your pattern. I figured out that "FO" must mean "flip over", but I cannot figure out what "IN" means. At first I thought you meant "Increase", but that doesn't make sense to me in this context. Can you explain what you meant? Also, did you mean for round 1 to be joined at the end?

Thanks in advance for the assistance and the inspiring pattern.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Sher-E: I corrected the pattern to include the abbreviation of FO, which means to Fasten off the yarn. IN is just in, meaning IN the next space work the pattern directions. I capitalized it hoping to make it easier to see that I mean in the next sp or next st. Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

Like the pattern! You didn't say how much green you used! Do you know how much?

Dragonflymomof2 said...

No I did not keep track of the amount of yarn I used. I usually don't. I can tell you it was not very much at all, and I know that doesn't help much.

frogfr34k said...

I'm sooooo making a baby blanget out of these :)

Dragonflymomof2 said...

I bet the baby blanket would be gorgeous. I would love to see it when you are done with it.

Sherri said...

what an easy and very lovely square I love that the flower is incorporate into the pattern like you have it. So simple...thank you!

Unknown said...

I will be using this square in the afghan I am making for my Granddaughter. Thank-you for sharing.

Sherrie and chrocheting said...

I will be using this square in the afghan I am making for my Granddaughter. Thank-you for sharing.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

I am sure your granddaughter will love her afghan. Thank you so much.

Jacqueline said...

Als ik squares haak voor mijn blog
http://knutsel-dekentjes.blogspot.com zet ik er altijd een link bij,naar waar je het patroon kan vinden. Dus ook naar hier. Is dat oké?!
Groetjes Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

I love this square and have made a baby blanket of it and would love to share this patter with others, may I post it? anna

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi Anna, you are more than welcome to share the link to my blog, I would prefer you not post the pattern in full on a website.

Anonymous said...

I have linked to your blogg- I love your squares- thank you for the free patterns!! <3 Anna