Monday, August 02, 2010

OPEN CROSS 6" SQUARE

 
“Open Cross”
Open Cross, Pattern/Picture owned by Aurora Suominen©
Designer: Aurora Suominen/DragonFlyMomof2 Designs©2010
Size: 6” Square using,  Hook: H/5.0mm, Yarn Used: Worsted Weight: .49oz
______________________________________________________________
NOTES:  Bold print: Repeated in pattern.  STS=Stitches: Work into next st/chsp  JOIN: Join W/slst in beg st, unless otherwise stated.
___________________________________________________________
Abbreviations/Stitches Used                                     
Beg=Beginning    Ch=Chain    Slst=Slip Stitch    Sp=Spaces   
Sk=Skip        W/=With    St(s)=Stitch(es)    Sc=Single Crochet   
Dc=Double Crochet        


Round 1: Ch4, 15dc in 4th ch from hook, join in top of ch4.  (16dc)


Round 2: Ch3, dc in same st, [ch3, skip one dc, sc in next dc, ch3, skip one dc, 2dc in next dc] Repeat around minus last 2dc,  join. (8dc, 4sc)


Round 3: Ch3, dc in same st, ch1, 2dc in next dc.  [Ch3, sc in next sc, ch3, 2dc in next dc, ch1, 2dc in next dc] Repeat around ending with a ch3, join. (16dc, 4sc)


Round 4: Slst in next 2sts, (ch3, dc, ch1, 2dc) beg corner made.  [Dc in next 2dc, ch3, sc in next sc, ch3, dc in next 2dc, in next ch1sp, (2dc, ch1, 2dc) corner made]4x, minus last corner, join.  (32dc, 4sc)


Round 5: Slst in next 2sts, beg corner.  [Dc in next 4dc, ch3, sc in next sc, ch3, dc in next 4dc, corner in next ch1sp]4x, minus last corner, join. (48dc, 4sc)


Round 6: Slst in next 2sts, ch1, 3sc in same sp.  [Sc in next 6dc, sc in each chain of next ch3, sc in next sc, sc in each chain of next ch3, cc in next 6dc,  3sc in ch1sp]4x, minus 3sc in sp, join.



Personal use/print only, no pattern reproductions, selling or copying allowed.   
See my designs & videos on my blog: http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/
Download Pattern on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/designers/aurora-suominen
Size depends on your hook, yarn, & tension.  Contact me at Bluedragonflymom@gmail.com

13 comments:

pattas said...

Hello and thankyou for sharing your talent with us..I always think it is a priviledge when another designer shares a pattern and the gift of crochet. :))

Tina said...

this is a beautiful square! and just what I was looking for for a delicate looking (but sturdy) baby blanket!! thank you for sharing!

Cathy said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful pattern. I can't wait to make it. It will add so much beauty to my room.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thank you ladies!!!

Kat said...

This is really pretty. I'm using it in a baby blanket.

Anonymous said...

You have some of the prettiest 6' square patterns I have ever seen. I am getting started on making some squares for Sandy Hook families to be made into comfort ghans. Hoping to make your open cross square. Thanks so much!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

thank you so much!! I am always honored and teary eyed when I know my squares are being done for things like this.

Cathy M said...

I am also making the 6 inch squares for the Sandy Hook comfort ghans. I am making your beautiful open cross square right now, but I'm having a problem with round 4. Right after the slip stiches it says "and work Ch3, DC, ch2, 2DC." Where am I supposed to work these stitches? Sorry, It's probably me, but I'm confused. Please help.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi Cathy, the 2dc, ch2, 2dc are always worked in the corner ch2 sps. When you see the sl st into next st and into ch2 sp...you work that corner 2dc, ch2, 2dc into that corner ch1sp

Kathy Griggs said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR PATTERN WITH US. I LOVE IT AND DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. I'M PUTTING IT IN A BABY BLANKET I'M MAKING WITH ALL DIFFERENT SQUARES.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

you are welcome, Kathy!

Anonymous said...

on row 4 I am also having problems there is not ch2 sp, there is a ch1 sp between dc in the corner but not ch2 per row 3 instructions.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

I am not understanding your question, the pattern does not state a ch2?