Monday, January 31, 2011

HEARTS GO ROUND DISHCLOTH

“Hearts go Round”
Designer: Aurora Suominen/DragonFlyMomof2 Designs©2011
 A-1 HEARTS GO ROUND 2011.jpg
Size: 8” heart tip to tip, Hook: G/4.5mm, Yarn: Peaches N Cream Cotton yarn in 1 or 2 colors:
______________________________________________________________
Notes:  Bold print: Repeated in pattern. Sts: Work in next st/chsp. Join: Join W/slst in beg st, unless otherwise stated.
___________________________________________________________
Abbreviations & Stitches Used 
Beg=Beginning    Ch=Chain    Slst=Slip Stitch    Sc=Single Crochet   
Sp=Spaces        Sk=Skip    W/=With        Dc=Double Crochet       
St(s)=Stitch(es)    Lps=Loops    Bl=Back loop                   
If using 2 colors, start with A,
Rnd 1: Ch4, 11dc in 4th ch from hook, join.  (12dc)

Rnd 2: Ch3, dc in same st, 2dc in each st around, join in bl.  (24dc)

Rnd 3: Working in bls for this rnd, Ch1, sc in same st, sc in each bl around, join.  (24sc)

Rnd 4: Repeat Rnd 2, join in bl. (48dc)

Rnd 5: Repeat rnd 3, if using 2 colors, pull through color B in join. (48sc)

Rnd 6: Ch3, 2dc in same st.  [*Ch1, sk one st, dc in next 3sts, ch1, sk one st*, 3dc in next st]Repeat around,  join. (48dc)

Rnd 7: Ch3, 2dc in same st, dc in next st, 3dc in next st.  [*Ch1, sk sp, dc in next 3sts, ch1*, 3dc in next st, dc in next st, 3dc in next st]7x, repeat *to* once, join. (80dc)

Round 8: Sk next st, [4dc in next st, slst in next st, 4dc in next st, sk next dc, slst in next st. Sc in next 5sts, slst in next st, sk next dc]Repeat around, join.  (64dc, 40sc)

Personal use/print only, no pattern reproductions, selling or copying allowed.   
See my designs & videos on my blog: http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/
Download Pattern on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/designers/aurora-suominen
Size depends on your hook, yarn, & tension.  Contact me at Bluedragonflymom@gmail.com





25 comments:

Shawn said...

Love this! I love all your coaster patterns too! Thanks for great patterns!!

CrochetBlogger said...

this one is really pretty!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

This looks like it is going to be a wonderful scarf!

Thread N Stitches said...

Aurora, I love this dishcloth.
Katheryn

Anonymous said...

Fran said...

This will make a great potholder. Thank you!

Tink's Spin said...

cute pattern I passed it on to my grand daughter , i'm sure she will love it. really cute :)

Christine (@blogstarr) said...

Love this pattern! Definitely going to make one!

Anonymous said...

I'm not understanding what that means on the last line--- +to+ once & join in SS.
Thanks, looks darling & easy--except the +to+

Anonymous said...

This is darling, but I don't know what +to+ once means.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

+to+ means to repeat the directions between the + + I am in the process of redoing the pattern layouts. As I design more I realize that my pattern directions from the past can certainly be improved. LOL

Anonymous said...

I make a lot of wash cloths (for bathing) and give as gifts along with some home molded soaps. I love your designs!

frances said...

wasn't feeling too great tonight so i put up my feet and tried your hearts dishcloth. i did it in sugar and cream country stripes and it came out really neat looking. felt better after i did it too! frances

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thanks ladies!!!

Anonymous said...

eart Hump:SS in nx dc, SK1, (4DC) in nx dc, SS in nx dc, (4DC) in next dc, SK1, SS in nx dc.

What does the SS mean?

Dragonflymomof2 said...

SS=Slip Stitch, I will be changing this soon. I am redoing my patterns one by one. Sorry about that.

Lindsay said...

I'd love to pin this pattern to Pinterest, but I think that violates your use statement. Let me know if that would be ok or not?

crochetaddict said...

Love this pattern! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

you are welcome~

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Lindsay, I am not that familiar with pinterest, but I recently signed up with it. I think you are just linking to the pattern right? with a picture? if so sure please by all means go ahead. I think someone else did too. Would love you to share though, I am still trying to get use to how it all works on that site.

mamawnana TA said...

Just finished doing this pattern, did mine in red,and I love it!!! TYVM

Anonymous said...

Just did this in red also, so easy to follow, looks lovely. will give it to hubby to put under his coffee pot lol. Thankyou for the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pattern but I had trouble with Rnd 8. Ended up doing: sl st (SS) in first dc, 2 dc in next 2 dc, SS in next dc, 2 dc in next 2 dc, SS in last dc, then the 5 sc's. came out perfectly! Hope I didn't hurt any feelings. I probably did something wrong to end up having to change the last row, but now mine looks like your photo. Many thanks!!!

Theresa Wiza said...

Thank you for this pattern. I love how it looks!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thank you so much!