Friday, April 01, 2011

DRAGONFLIES AROUND APRILS 12" SQUARE

Dragonflies Around
12” Square with an “H” hook and Worsted Weight Yarn.
Designed by: Aurora Suominen Copyright © 2011

SPECIAL STS/NOTES: BEG CORNER: Slst into ch2 sp & work Ch3, DC, Ch2, 2DC.  WORK CORNER: 2DC, Ch2, 2DC in corner Ch2 sp.  FPDC: Front Post DC.  FPSC: Front post SC. POPCORN: Work 4DC in stitch specified and remove hook, insert hook in the 1st dc you made and then grab the loops from the last dc and pull through.  ~NOTES~ Ch3 counts as a st.  JOIN:  Join w/ slst in top of beg ch3.

PATTERN:
Rnd 1: Ch4, work 15DC in 4th ch from hook.  Join in 3rd ch of beg ch4.  (16dc)

Rnd 2: Ch3, DC, ch2, 2DC in same st.  [DC in 3dc, (2DC, Ch2, 2DC) in next dc] 3Xs.  DC in last 3dc.  (28dc)

Rnd 3:  BEG CORNER *see special sts.  [*DC in 3dc, FPDC around next dc, DC in 3dc*.  Work corner] 3Xs  Repeat +to+ once & join. (44dc)

Rnd 4: BEG CORNER. [*DC in 5dc, FPDC around next fpdc, DC in 5dc* work corner] 3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once & join.  (60dc)

Rnd 5: BEG CORNER  [*DC in 7dc, FPDC around next fpdc, DC in 7dc*, work corner] 3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once & join.  (76)

Rnd 6: BEG CORNER. *[DC in 9dc, FPDC around next fpdc, DC in 9dc*,  work corner] 3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once & join.   (92dc)

Rnd 7: BEG CORNER  *[Dc in 10dc, SC in next dc, ch-16, slst in top of sc just made,  SC in same dc, & ch-14, slst in top of sc just made (RIGHT WINGS MADE). FPDC around next fpdc.  SC in next dc & ch-14, slst in top of sc just made, SC in same dc, ch-16, slst  in top of sc just made (LEFT WINGS MADE) DC in 10dc*, work corner] 3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once & join.  (100dc)

Rnd 8: BEG CORNER  [*DC in 12dc, DC in between right wings.  Popcorn in next dc (above the fpdc).  DC in between left wings.  DC in 12dc*,  work a corner] 3Xs  Repeat +to+ once & join. (120dc)

Rnd 9: BEG CORNER  [+DC in 7dc, (catching the right ch-16 wing, dc in next). DC in 15dc, (catching the left ch-16 wing, dc in next). DC in 7DC.+  work a corner.] 3Xs  Repeat +to+ once & join.  (140dc)

Rnd 10: BEG CORNER  [+DC in 11dc (catching the right ch-14 wing, dc in next). DC in 11dc, (catching the left  ch-14 wing, dc in next).  DC in 11dc,  work corner] 3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once & join.  (156dc)

~April 2011 Square~ is from my, “12 Squares in Time” year long series on my blog.  If you like this square, please visit my blog to see more of the monthly squares.  
For more info on abbreviations and links to sites and videos that will help with certain stitches, please see my blog, “One Crochet Day at a time” at http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/

© Copyright 2011 Aurora Suominen  All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use/Licensing: No Internet/commercial sales of finished items allowed, however, you may sell finished items through private, personal, or local sales.

17 comments:

Cris said...

This is a lovely square - great job on it.

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful square! You are incredibly talented.

pattas said...

That is so pretty, and thankyou for sharing your pattern..

Joce said...

I love this square!! For some reason I love Dragonflies.

Renee said...

Oh I Love your square, I am going to have to try this :)
Thanks for sharing the pattern

Caroline said...

Absolutley stunning!!!!! WTG girl!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thanks so much!!

Ghost said...

I have saved this square along with many other of your square patterns. I hope to make some soon. I did do some of your smaller squares recently. I blogged about them today I think. You are very creative.

Viola said...

I love and have all of your Patterns,and I have made them all, BUT I can't get your latest 12" Dragonflies Around...I have tried and tried to no avail...Thank You for the Love and care you put into tour Patterns ..Thank you... Viola

vikki said...

I am liking this square alot!!

anklicka said...

I really love this square and I am very impressed! I´ll crochet it and add it to the afghan I´m making.

Sandy said...

This id ADORABLE, and very unique.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thank you so much!!

pdlwrw said...

This is awesome! my stepmom has everything dragonfly. I spotted you scarf first (going to be made for mom's day) Saw it too late for Christmas. However, this square can be made (I think) easily into a dishcloth. Do you think it would work up ok using cotton?

pdlwrw said...

This is awesome! My stepmom has everything dragonfly. I spotted your scarf first but it's too late for Christmas (going to do for mom's day instead) However, when I spotted this, I thought 'dishcloth' :-) Have to tried to work it up in cotton?

pdlwrw said...

my apologies....that was supposed to be a question. Have YOU tried to work it up in cotton???

Dragonflymomof2 said...

HI!! The scarf works up really quick!! But I do have a dishcloth with dragonflies coming in a few days.