Tuesday, August 02, 2011

SUNNY SKIES DISHCLOTH

“Sunny Skies Dishcloth”
Pattern Designed by: Aurora Suominen
Copyright © 2011
Worsted Weight yarn and an “G” hook
~My Abbreviations/Special stitches:  Work Corner: In next ch2 space, work 2dc, ch2, 2dc.  FPDC: Front post double crochet, SS: Slip stitch. FL: Front Loops. BL: Back loops.  Back FPDC: Going into the round below and to the right of your work, Work a FPDC around the post of the FPDC.
~*Notes* When joining at the end of rounds work as follows: For a SC round, Join in 1st SC.  For a DC round, Join in 3rd Ch of beg 3.  

Rnd 1: Ch4, Work 15DC in 4th ch from hook.  Join *See notes here and throughout.  (16dc)

Rnd 2: Ch3, DC in same st as ch3.  *DC in next st, 2DC in next st* Repeat around.  Join (24dc)

Rnd 3: Ch3.  DC in next st. [+FPDC around  the “single” dc from rnd 2.  (To the right of your work). DC in same dc previous to the fpdc you just did.+ DC in 3sts] 7Xs. Repeat ++ once DC in last st and join.  (40dc)

Rnd 4: Ch3. DC in 4sts. [+Work a Back FPDC *see special stitches. DC in same dc previous to the fpdc you just did.+. DC in 5 sts] 7Xs.  Repeat ++ once and join.  (56dc)

Rnd 5: Ch3. Work a Back FPDC, DC in same st as ch3, previous to the fpdc you just did. [DC in 7sts, Back FPDC, DC in same dc previous to the fpdc you just did.] 7Xs.  DC in last 6sts.  Join. (72dc)

Rnd 6: Ch3.  DC in 3sts. [+Work a Back FPDC, DC in same dc previous to the fpdc you just did.+ DC in 9 sts] 7Xs. Repeat ++ once then DC in last 5sts.  Join in the front loop, 3rd ch of beg ch3.  (88dc)

Rnd 7: Ch3, DC in 5sts   [+Work a Back FPDC, DC in same dc previous to the fpdc you just did.+ DC in 11sts] 7Xs.  Repeat ++ once and DC in last 4.  Join and fasten off.

© 2011 Aurora Suominen. All rights reserved. This pattern may not be sold, reprinted  posted/copied, or electronically transmitted to any website without the written consent of the copyright owner. You may link to this pattern or print a copy of it for your personal use ONLY.

10 comments:

RecycleCindy said...

Cute dishcloth pattern. I stumbled and reviewed it for you on SU. Best wishes,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I had a question for you. Could you tell me what kind of yarn you typically use for this pattern. What kind of fiber is it? Would you ever use acrylic? Or do you only use cotton? Please advise what it is made from. Thank you.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi Anonymous! "most" of the time I use Lily Sugar N Cream, BUT.......I have used acrylic, Red heart ww yarn, but mainly for hot pads or potholders. For dishcloths I would suggest using a cotton yarn as it absorbs water better than the acrylic. If using WW yarn for a potholder, make sure to double the pieces.

Anonymous said...

Having trouble with the 3rd round. Can do 7 times but keep ending up with just 30 stitches. What am i doning wrong, about to go CRAZY!!!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi I will rework this dishcloth in a few minutes, I need a dishcloth to work up for a swap, and will let you know if the instructions are correct. I do find errors later on in my patterns. I will post my results later tonight. You can also email me at Bluedragonflymom@gmail.com if you want as well.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

I have uploaded 2 videos of this dishcloth, showing Rnd 3 and Rnd 4. One is currently uploading, but if you check out my youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Dragonflymomof2boys

kitty said...

Love the pattern but when I try to print a copy rounds 4 & 5 will not copy and I had to write them on a scrap of paper. Thought you would like to know............
Kitty

Dragonflymomof2 said...

email me directly and I will send you the pdf, not sure why it's doing that.

Anonymous said...

Found an error in round 7 - after ch 3 it should be 6 dcs not 5.
RFS

Dragonflymomof2 said...

thank you so much.