Friday, November 18, 2011

SNOWFLAKE BREEZE 6" SQUARE


“Snowflake Breeze”
Designer: Aurora Suominen/DragonFlyMomof2 Designs©2011 20141222_142739.jpg
Size: 6” Square using, Hook: H/5.0mm, Yarn: Worsted Weight in 2 colors: A & B
______________________________________________________________
Notes:  Bold print: Repeated in pattern. Sts: Work in next st/chsp. Join: Join W/slst in beg st, unless otherwise stated. Video showing Rnd 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mJvIvt6h_8&list=UUmMCp6K4CdFFUoX1EHLIdFQ&index=8&feature=plcp
___________________________________________________________
Abbreviations & Stitches Used  
Beg=Beginning    Ch=Chain    Slst=Slip Stitch    Sc=Single Crochet   
Sp=Spaces        Sk=Skip    W/=With        Dc=Double Crochet       
St(s)=Stitch(es)    Lps=Loops    Bpdc=Back Post dc   Hdc=Half double crochet   
V-st=Dc, ch1, dc                  
Rnd 1: Ch4, join to form a ring, ch3, dc in ring.  [Ch2, 2dc in ring]5x, ch2, join.  (12dc, 6ch2)

Rnd 2: Slst in next 2sts, ch3, 2dc in same. [Ch2, sk 2sts, 3dc in next sp]5x, ch2 & join. (18dc, 6ch2)

Rnd 3: Slst in next dc, ch5 (counts as dc,ch2), dc in same dc. [*Ch1, sk dc, V-st in next sp, ch1, sk dc*, Vst in next dc]5Xs.  Repeat *to* once, join. (12vst & 12ch1sp)

Rnd 4: Slst in next 2sts,  (ch3, dc, ch2, 2dc), beg corner made.  [Sc in next 7sts,  (2dc, ch2, 2dc) corner made, in next ch2sp]6x, minus last corner, join.    (24dc, 42sc)

*NOTE* (You will be working around the sts of rnd 3, as well as behind your work.)
Rnd 5: Ch1, bpdc in dc from rnd3 (directly under your joining st, 1st dc in Vst), bpdc in  next dc. [+2dc in skipped dc of rnd2 (the 3dc group)* bpdc in next 2dc of rnd 3] Repeat around ending w/2dc in last skipped dc of rnd2,  join in top of the 1st bpdc. Fasten off A.   (48sts)

Rnd 6: W/B count 8sts from joining st and join.  Beg Corner in st, [Dc in next 11sts, corner in next st]4x, minus last corner, join.  (60dc)

Rnd 7: Ch3, dc in next st.  [Corner in next sp, dc in next 15sts4x,  join.  (76dc) Fasten off, weave in ends.  

Video showing rnds 3,5 bp sts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mJvIvt6h_8&list=UUmMCp6K4CdFFUoX1EHLIdFQ&index=8&feature=plcp


Personal use/print only, no pattern reproductions, selling or copying allowed.   
See my designs & videos on my blog: http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/
Download Pattern on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/designers/aurora-suominen
Size depends on your hook, yarn, & tension.  Contact me at Bluedragonflymom@gmail.com
Video showing rnds 3,5 bp sts:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mJvIvt6h_8&list=UUmMCp6K4CdFFUoX1EHLIdFQ&index=8&feature=plcp

 

9 comments:

red white and blue said...

these are so cool, one could take and make the bottom squares red,white and blue with white snowflakes that would be beautiful
melanie moffitt

tina said...

I have just found your site, and I absolutely love your designs. I appreciate you sharing these designs and promise I will respect your copyright. My question to you is, may I use your designs to make items and then give them away. And if allowed, would you like a disclaimer attached to the afghan (or lapghan) listing you as the designer?
PS. I also read your blog about disrespectful posts and if you use word there is an easy way to replace the SS with Slst even tho both are very acceptable in my book as I have both abbreviations in patterns I have either saved or written. Please continue to share. Your designs are beautiful.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi Tina, thank you so much for your comments! umm....if you are giving away something, you don't have to list me as the designer, you certainly can if you want! :D I appreciate it if someone sells something that was made with my design, that I am listed as the designer of the pattern.

Sew Canny said...

Hi,
I'm currently organising a CAL (Crochet-A-Long) and I'd love to use your pattern for this week's square if you don't mind? I'll obviously give you full credit and link to this page but I was wondering if you would mind if I "translated" the pattern in to UK terms for those who get confused by US terms?
Bev

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi Bev, I don't mind one bit.....good luck with your crochet a long. They are fun.

Jean McKean said...

This is a lovely pattern and I am hoping to make a blanket of different patterned squares. I have one problem, would it be possible to also write the instructions to suit the viewers in Ireland as your terms are different, and I find this very dissappointing.
Thank you jeanmckean@eircom.net

Jean McKean said...

I love your snow flake square and as I intend to do a sampler type quilt of different squares, I am having a problem as the American terms are different to ours in Ireland. Would it be possible to have them printed for both the U.S.A. and Ireland.
Thank you.
jeanmckean@eircom.net

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi Jean, yes as long as the copyright is there, you are welcome to use Ireland terms for the pattern. If you do and post online, you can share the link with me and I will share on my blog as well, in case I have any other fans from Ireland who would be interested in seeing it with the terms commonly use in Ireland.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I would like to see a photo of the finished product, with the blue background, for the snowflake design, if possible! Thank you! It is a beautiful pattern!