Saturday, April 28, 2012

AROUND A FLOWER 12" SQUARE

“Around a Flower”
Pattern Designed by: Aurora Suominen Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved.
12” Square with “H” hook and WW yarn in one or two colors

  • SPECIAL STS: Shell: 5DC in st/sp indicated.

Rnd 1: Ch4, join to form a ring.  Ch5 (counts as dc & ch2). [DC in ring, Ch2] 5Xs Join in 3rd ch of beg ch5.  (6dc, 6ch2sp)

Rnd 2: Ch1, SC in joining. [2SC in sp, SC in dc] 5Xs.  2SC in last sp. Join to first sc. (18sc)

Rnd 3: Slst in one st, Ch3, DC in same. 2DC in next. [Ch2, skip-sc, 2DC in 2sts] 5Xs.  Ch2, skip-sc.  Join w/slst in top of beg ch3.  (24dc, 6ch2sp)

Rnd 4: Ch1, SC in joining. SC in 3sts. [Shell in sp, SC in 4sts] 5Xs.  Shell in last sp.  Join to 1st sc. (24sc, 6 shells)

Rnd 5: Slst into 2sts. [+Ch4, SC in 3rd dc of shell, ch4. Skip-2dc, skip-sc+, slst into 2sc] 5Xs.  Repeat +to+ once and slst into next st. (12ch4, 12slst, 6sc)  

Rnd 6: Ch1, SC in joining. SC in next. [+4SC in ch4sp, SC in sc, 4SC in ch4sp+.  SC in 2slsts] 5Xs.  Repeat +to+ once.  Join in back loop of 1st sc while pulling thru new color. (66sc)

Rnd 7: Ch3, DC in each back loop around.  Join w/slst in top of beg ch3. (always)  (66dc)

Rnd 8: Ch3, DC, Ch1, 2DC in joining (BEG corner made).  [DC in 15sts, (2DC, Ch1, 2DC) in next dc, (CORNER MADE)] 3Xs.  DC DEC over next 2sts.  DC in 13sts, DC DEC over next 2sts.  Join & Slst in dc & ch1sp. (76dc)

Rnd 9: BEG corner.  [+DC in 5sts, SC in 9sts, DC in 5sts+. Corner in ch1sp] 3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once, then join.  Slst in dc & ch1sp.  (56dc, 36sc)

Rnd 10: BEG corner. [+Slst in next st, Shell in next, slst in next st, DC in 17sts, Slst in next, shell in next, slst in next+. Corner in ch1sp] 3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once then join. Slst in dc & ch1sp (8shells, 16slst, 84dc)

Rnd 11: BEG corner.  [+DC in 2sts. *Ch2, SC in 3rd dc of shell, ch2, skip-slst*. DC in 17sts.  Work from *to* once more.  DC in 2sts+ Corner in ch1sp] 3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once then join. Slst in dc & ch1sp (100dc, 16ch2, 8sc)

Rnd 12: BEG Corner. [+DC in 4sts, *2DC in sp, DC in sc, 2DC in sp*. (Ch1, skip-1, DC in 3sts) 4Xs.  Ch1, skip-1. Work from *to* once more. DC in 4sts+.  Corner in ch1sp]3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once then join.  Slst in dc & ch1sp (136dc)

Rnd 13: Ch1, 3SC in sp.  [SC in 39sts. 3SC in corner ch1sp]3Xs.  SC in last 39sts.  Join to first sc.  Fasten off.  (168sc)

For Abbreviations/videos/links to help with pattern sts, see “One Crochet Day at a time” at http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/
Terms of Use/Licensing: Finished items for PERSONAL use/sales only.  NO Internet or commercial sales allowed.  

12 comments:

SJ Scott said...

I'm going to give this square a try today. I'd like to post the result on my blog, with proper attribution and a link to your blog of course. Is that ok with you? thanks...

Diane Helman said...

Oh Aurora!! This is the most beautiful square you've designed yet! And that is saying something!
Just gorgeous!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Diane, thank you so much! I do love this square myself.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

SJ of course I can't wait to see, and thank you.

Jenny said...

Wow, what an awesome collection of beautiful squares!!! I'm in heaven here tonight browsing around your blog. Thanks so much for sharing your creations with us. I'd love to share your awesome patterns on my blog. I wanted to ask your permission before doing so. Of course, I'll make sure it's totally credited to you and your blog with a link directly here. Looking forward to hearing back from you and also seeing what's coming next!!
Thanks,
Jenny from http://crochetnpray.blogspot.com/

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Jenny I would not mind if you did that, I am honored by your comments. Thank you so much.

momphotographer said...

this is beautiful!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I love your patterns, and would like to ask permission to use for a crochet granny square swap. I would be making one or more of your squares and sending that along with the pattern to an individual(s) in our group. It would just be for that use, no sales or Internet posting involved. Please let me know if that is ok? Also whether or not I can post a link to your blog on my facebook group page, to recommend a place for others to find patterns?
Thank you,
Maureen T.

Maureen T. said...

I love your patterns, and would like to ask permission to use for a crochet granny square swap. I would be making one or more of your squares and sending that along with the pattern to an individual(s) in our group. It would just be for that use, no sales or Internet posting involved. Please let me know if that is ok? Also whether or not I can post a link to your blog on my facebook group page, to recommend a place for others to find patterns?
Thank you,
Maureen T.

Dragonflymomof2 said...

hi Maureen, yes you can, I appreciate you asking, and I am honored that you will be making some of my squares. Link away too!

Diane said...

I must try this one with a smaller hook and lighter thread. It is a beautiful pattern. If it works, I will send you a photo.