Wednesday, April 11, 2012

CLIMBING CORNERS 6" SQUARE


“Climbing Corners”
Pattern Designed by: Aurora Suominen Copyright © 2-2012 All rights reserved.
6” Square with “G” hook and WW yarn.


  • SPECIAL STS/NOTES: FPTC=front post triple crochet. Worked “around” the post of st indicated. Video link showing how I worked the corners can be found on my blog.

Rnd 1: Ch4, work 15DC in 4th ch from hook.  Join w/slst in top of beg ch4. (16dc)

Rnd 2: In same st as joining. Ch3, DC, ch1, 2DC (BEG CORNER made) [DC in 3sts, IN next st work 2DC, ch1, 2DC, (CORNER made)] 3Xs.  DC in last 3sts. Join w/slst in top of beg ch3. (now & throughout)  (28dc) Slst in next st & in ch1sp.  

Rnd 3: Beg Corner.  [+DC in 3sts. FPTC around post of 3rd dc of corner in rnd 2 to the right of work.  (the dc you did after the ch1).  DC in 2sts, skip next dc,  FPTC around post of 2nd dc of corner in rnd 2 to the left of work. (the dc you did before the ch1). Working Behind the fptc you just did, DC in skipped dc,  DC in top of dc that fptc was worked in+  Corner in ch1sp.]3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once and join. (44dc, 4tc) Slst in next st & ch1 sp.

Rnd 4: Beg Corner.  [+DC in 3sts. FPTC around post of 3rd dc of corner in rnd 3 (to the right).  DC in 8sts, skip one dc, FPTC around post of 2nd dc of corner in rnd 3 (to your left)  Working Behind the fptc you just did, DC in skipped dc, DC in top of dc that fptc was worked in.+  Corner in ch1sp.] 3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once and join.  (68dc,4tc) Slst in next st and ch1sp.

Rnd 5: Beg Corner. [+DC in 3sts.  FPTC around post of 3rd dc of corner in rnd 4 (to the right). DC in 14sts, skip one dc,  FPTC around post of 2nd dc of corner in rnd 4. (to the left).  Working Behind the fptc you just did, DC in skipped dc, DC in top of dc that fptc was worked in.+  Corner in ch1sp.]3Xs.  Repeat +to+ once and join. (92dc, 4tc) Fasten off.  

For Abbreviations/videos/links to help with pattern sts, see “One Crochet Day at a time” at http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/
Terms of Use/Licensing: Finished items for personal use/sales only.  NO Internet or commercial sales allowed.  

4 comments:

wanda said...

If you need a tester let me know .........I love your patterns

SnuggleBunnie said...

Beautiful square and thanks for the pattern:)Yea if your looking for a tester I'd be happy to help too:)

Allison Slay-Mosley said...

Hello, My name is Allison and I thought I had been on every single crochet website there was. Today I found you and what a pleasant surprise. Lately it has been impossible to find patterns, even squares without them costing. You are very talented and I just want to thank you for sharing this with all of us. It is soooo refreshing to see someone who is actually sharing their passion. I will be using several of your 6 inch squares and I will send you a picture when I am done. I will also tell all those I know about the nice gal who is willing to share her passion. So Thank you so very much!
Allison

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Allison, thank you so much! I feel the same way when I hear from people like you.