Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well I hope you all had a great New Year.........we did here.  I think Aiden thought we were all crazy when yelling HAPPY NEW YEAR.  He laughed, so I guess we were still, "ok" in his book though. 

 Both boys enjoyed their time off from school during the holiday break.  AJ had left for Kansas City on his last day of school.  This picture above is my father with Aiden, This too was Aiden's last day, but his school was h having a math party after school.  Since I had been up at the school helping the teachers out, I told my father to take him up there, so I could clean up the house a bit and relax.  They had fun!  


This is a snowman and holiday ornament I crocheted before Christmas for our kitchen.  Both worked up quick and came out cute.

I love snowman.......I do not consider them Christmas, but winter!!  So I decorate my house with them for the Winter.  I did this one though to send off to a lady in part of a prize package.  Again this worked up really fast, and I can't remember where I got the pattern from, I have had it for about 4 years now. 

Aiden wanted these once I told them what they were, Coasters.  So I whipped them up Saturday in a few minutes.  I sure wish I could cut out perfect ovals and circles.........but I can't.......felt does not like me, so I will just blame the felt.  ;)  


My New year was spent with family and friends........we had a very yummy dinner!  Now I am ready to get back to a more normal schedule.  I put the boys to bed early today.  AJ spent the night with a friend Friday and she let them boys stay up ALL NIGHT!!  She said they were still up playing a game system at 6:30.  I told her to not let that happen again......even with it being New Years, past midnight was fine......but not that late.  When I called her the next day to pick them up to come over for dinner, it was 3:15 in the afternoon and the boys were all still sleeping!!!!  I told her to wake my son up, I don't let him sleep that late.  LOL

They didn't give me a hard time when I told them it was bedtime.  I was surprised and relieved too.  Now I am going to go enjoy my quiet evening!!  


2 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

Happy New Year!!!

Kristin said...

Yikes! That is so late!

I LOVE the snowman! He is very, very adorable!