Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Update with some pictures

My mom and dad had birthdays back in July...so I wanted to make them something as well as buy them something.  I made that 50s doll for my mom (obviously) LOL and she loved it which I knew she would.  She loved poodle skirts and even had some.

The car was done for my dad and is pretty big......I took my time with both of these as well......I was happy to have the car done.  He loved it as well.

Above is some of the projects I have been working on. I just started the Mario afghan, this one will take 253 squares.....I am doing them different.  The lady who did the original afghan, did regular granny squares, I am doing a different square, just DCs all around.  I wanted it to be warm and free of too many "holes"  I am making it as one of his birthday gifts..his birthday is in less than a month.  So one strip at a time...there is no way I am putting 253 squares together at once.  Each strip has 14 squares across.  So I do a block of colors and sew that onto the existing trips and so on.  It makes it much easier.  I also finished Aiden's colorful afghan....he was so happy it was done.  Crappy picture.......but this afghan is huge!!!  All the squares are my own design.  I did graduation dolls earlier this year, one I love, the other I don't like at all. Will not


I love Halloween!!!  You might think that skeleton was hard, but it was actually very easy and worked up fast.  The pumpkin tea set took a bit longer, but not by much. I worked on it and the skeleton about a week.  I alternated between the two so I would not get bored.  Hanging ghost is for a swap and the mummy is one I tested for Alisha a couple of months ago.

My little Aiden is sick........it started Sunday morning, he was complaining of his throat hurting...it just got worse as the day went on.  I didn't plan on keeping him home from school.....but he coughed all night and I kept him home and about an hour after I called the school, he got a fever....so he would have been sent home anyway.  

I got AJs first progress report........WOW is he doing good.  He is taking chinese.  Which everyone said was hard...but so far he loves it and is getting an A in the class.  He is also taking JRROTC and he looks so handsome in his uniform!!!  


2 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow! You have been so busy! all your projects look great. Your afghans are amazing and you're right the skeleton looks sooo hard, but he ios darling!

Ghost said...

Even though I have not posted or left many messages I have been watching.