Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yarn Heaven

My very handsome future soccer star.....he wants to be just like his big brother.
See what "grandpa" is teaching him???
"My really cool little dude"



Ok I have been hearing stories about how Wal-Mart is getting rid of their craft department..........so the other day when i was in there I start to go into panic mode................someone was taking yarn off the shelves and it was so empty.............I was full mode panic..............desperately fighting the urge to tell Wal-Mart off...................how dare they get rid of my yarn!! Who do they think they are..............I don't want to drive to the boonies to get my yarn and pay out the rear for it!! Then I see pricing stickers, but could not tell if they were blank or they were simply raising the prices like they have with just about everything else.............Well today I made a trip to Wal-Mart and GUESS WHAT!!??? Not only did they change the price.........IT WAS CHEAPER!! and..................DRUM ROLL......................NEW COLORS!!!!! :D OMG such joy!!!! my heart skipped a few beats, I even think I may have been drooling...........how attractive is that huh??? I was in my glory.................such pretty shades...........lets see they had "Camo Pink"............another called "Lipstick"and another called "Cherry Chip" WOOHOOO.............even Zebra print!!! I bought the colors except the zebra will buy that another trip since i had to get some white, but you can bet I will start stocking up on these colors as I have yet to see them anywhere else.........so I am not sure they are new at Wa-mart or NEW NEW colors!! I can't wait to use them.



So my Sunday was a good one...............came home though and I think I might have pulled a muscle..........LOL My side was getting some awful pains so had to lay down for a few.............



Saturday was pretty relaxing...........after cleaning up so much on Friday I needed the rest. Aj had gone to see the Kansas Jayhawks play..............thats football for you NON SPORTY TYPES!!! LOL me included in that!! LOL Anyway he had a lot of fun and wants to go back, he even wants to maybe play football..........just one of my many nightmares concerning my list of "Things i don't want my kids to do in life" of course i get people pointing out that soccer causes more injuries than football.............yes maybe so, but football injuries are worse when they happen.........all those guys running around carrying and after this little ball.....................and BAM...........right into each other, piling on top, omg that is just too much for me..............but he wants to try...............as much as I would love to just say no................i don't want to based on my fears. I am counting..........no make that praying............PRAYING...............that he changes his mind, or tries it and doesn't like it. :D happy days for me if that happens!!!



So anyway I am a bit disappointed in one of my granny afghans.............one of the squares started to unravel, and apparently the ends were cut very short and knotted at the very end........so they unraveled!! I tried to fix it, but there were other knots in it...........so I will undo that whole strip and just replace that square, and the one next to it as the ends are very short on it too. It might have been someone new to crocheting, and they will learn the hard way that you have to leave a long tail to crochet or weave into the square. So nothing that can't be fixed.



I will finish up some swaps tonight, just need to finish up the faces of some snowmen I have done, and get them packaged up.

No comments: