Thursday, May 27, 2010

Home from Hospital

Well my little Aiden went to get some blood work Thursday, he was so limp that morning, he could not walk.........I had to carry him, and it was very hot and humid so I was sweating big time.......they tried one arm, could not get the blood to flow right, so they stopped, and we tried AGAIN for some urine, which 3rd try we got...then they tell me they didn't get enough blood and had to try with his other was hard on him and me both, he was crying asking me to make them stop, "don't let them do this to me, mommy" telling me he loved me so much, it just broke my heart, but I knew it needed to be done, but is hard to explain that to a 4 year old...........Anyway.........We went to his regular doctor, blood work came in, some of his levels were too high, some too said he called an infectious disease specialist, by this time, his rash was mainly on his rear, groin area, and back and front chest/back..........his palms were bright red, his tongue was what they call a strawberry.......his whites of his eyes were red, and also he had a red circle that went all the way around his eyes........his face was swollen, the corners of his mouth and eyes were cracked, his groin/butt were peeling really bad.............and of course the very high temps, crankyness and limpness............they said it sounded like Kawasaki disease......which is an autoimmune disease and can damage the heart.....they did an echo cardiogram of his heart Tuesday..and it looks good, but damage can set in sometimes after treatment, in some cases a few years after the with more specialist coming in, it was a certain that he did have the Kawasaki disease, and they started the medicine which is through his iv and took about 9 hours to completely run through his system........After a very rough few days, he was able to eat a bit and keep it down late last night and today. No fever, so he was able to go home today........I had not seen his smile so big in a long time, he was sooo excited. He has to take aspirin every and tomorrow he has to take 16 chewable aspirin........then Saturday and after one a day........he goes in for an echo cardiogram in 2 weeks, again in 8 weeks, again in about 6 months, and a year, and depending on what it shows, he will have to have one done every year or every 2-3 years.........he also has to go back for more blood work next week, and if his fever returns, he has to go back into the hospital for another round of the medicine.
Anyway we get a call from my mom before we left and she said the air was not working........well it is extremely hot and muggy here............upper 80s, with some really awful humidity. A guy from down the street is looking at it now.......he works for a company, everyone else was booked into next week, but I called every single one in the phone book until someone said tomorrow........I have it scheduled, but hopefully the guy here now can get it fixed. I can barely move in the house and I am dripping in sweat!
My little Aiden is asleep on the couch, he is still so worn out.


Crafty Christina said...

Oh man, it sounds like your kiddo had a rough few days. I hope he feels better soon.

Barbara said...

Awww... I wish you and your family all the best and that Aiden will be fine soon! :)

You have posted on my blog that you'd like to test my patterns. - At the moment I have a new free pattern that should be tested before it's published. Please contact me via email if you'd like to hear more about it. (Couldn't find your email...)

Best wishes,