Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My Boys

Well I am going to just add more here instead of making a new posts...not that it matters. LOL Anyway I know I have not updated really that much, and Its just that I have either been busy, or just too tired...........I don't even get online as much as I use to...........So lets see.....I went to the choices fair last week.....which is all the schools around town that let you ask questions and stuff about the schools...........well the neighborhood Middle school, has low test scores which means AJ could get a special transfer to another school........but I found out its not my choice of where to send him, but the districts choice...........which I think they don't make very good decisions concerning our kids and their education. Anyway I went there with certain Magnet school in mind, one with high scores and uniforms......but found out that it was not what we were looking for..............AJ wants to be in ROTC (Leadership) which I think is a good idea....but the school I had originally wanted him to attend did not offer it. So we looked at a school I went to when I was in Jr. High, its not in a good neighborhood, but luckily its right on the outskirts, and seemed to offer quite a bit of what we were looking for.....love the hours, which would be 7am to 2:20.........perfect a bit early, but I love the out time...........now he gets home after 4:30 sometimes not until 5 and there is just not enough time left in the day for much to do............they have uniforms..........they are also linked with NASA.....and AJ really loves that..............he is really into space and all that............so I also got interviewed for the paper.......so both AJ and I were in the paper, not our picture, but our interview.......................anyway a friend and I took the boys..........to this school to visit, I took AJ out of school, and first had lunch then off we went.............school was almost the same as when I attended, but with some new additions.............the school can hold up to 700 kids, although they only have around 200................they double up on math and reading.............which helps the halls.........meaning the kids never get out of classes at the same time.........so there is a small amount of kids in the hall at one time...........always teachers out in the halls while they are changing classes.........teacher outside in the morning and afternoon..........an officer at the school at all times............they have an excellent art and science room.............a huge new library........they offer free tutoring after school.............and have only had one fight this year..........not too bad. So I am going to fill out the magnet application and I hope he does well in this school.

Lets see.........we had some friends over last week for dinner and games..........we made a huge helping of homemade macaroni and cheese, which did not last............most had second helpings.......I also went ahead and made some porkchops too.................Someone tried to ruin the night by causing trouble like ALWAYS........but I didn't let her. Let her be unhappy. She will not bring me down along with her.

This weekend was weird, Saturday was very warm...................AJ had went to Lawrence to watch the Kansas Jayhawks play, which was also televised live on ESPN.........didn't see him in the audience though. LOL..........I had went to run errands with a friend.........had lunch and then he wanted to go to look at TVs. well I stayed in the van since Aiden was sleeping, then Amanda his daughter came out and I went in to check stuff out.........found a set of furniture I want. LOL Anyway I was going to check on Aiden when a lady came in saying the girl in the van accidently locked a baby in the van........easy to take care of right? WRONG........Scott informed me he didn't have keys to the doors!!!! Apparently Amanda had the doors locked, and then ran in to tell some lady that her door had blown open, and then the wind had blown her door shut with Aiden awake by this time and locked in..............oh man, he was sweating up a storm and we had the employees and some customers trying to help...........I walked over to Braums to get a drink for everyone, and knew that Aiden would be thirsty...............well it was crowded in there, and I told Amanda that if they don't get him out soon, I will have them break a window.........she went to check and came back with my very sweaty boy..........he was all red and saying, "I ok mommy" LOL how cute!!! I guess Scott had read my mind and was a bout to break the window when some guy was able to finally get a side window open and reached in to unlock the door! I was so relieved!! I remember when AJ was a baby, and I accidently locked him in the car at night at a grocery store, luckily within about 10 minutes an employee got him out.

Sunday was cold and rainy...............boys played outside for a long time...........today I have been cleaning and not getting enough crochet done!!!! LOL I go crazy when I don't get enough crocheting in for the day. I did finish AJs Pokemon spoink done.......and that is it for pokemon..............I am working on an angel pattern I bought tomorrow.

I really need to get off and get to bed..........I can't believe how late it is already.


Here are my boys......handsome huh..........I have so much trouble actually getting AJ to pose normally for pictures, he is always trying to be goofy in them which is ok but not all the time. Aiden is such a ham for the camera.
My goofy Aiden with his brothers hat on and his brothers shoes.........he just loved posing for the camera this night.
my handsome AJ and my little tired Aiden. LOL
Aiden with another pair of his brothers shoes........"Mr Goofy Goober!" LOL I loved taking these pictures............he is something else.........

I will try to get back online later to write more, but right now I have to get back to cleaning..........

1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

Your little guys are adorable! It sounds like you've done your research on the school and it'll be a good fit for AJ. I'm sure he'll do great! Its awesome that he already has so much ambition at such a young age.